Friday, August 16, 2013

Night Under Fire at Summit Motorsports Park

Do you remember my top ten reasons to visit Summit Motorsports Park? Well, another reason to visit is SMP's Night Under Fire.

I attended this year's Night Under Fire with my dad on Aug. 10. A picture is worth 1,000 words, right? So, instead of writing about my experience, here are 50 pictures in honor of Summit Motorsports Park's 50th anniversary.

If you would like to read specifics about their year's event, you may do so here.

*Note: I did the best I could with my picture-taking. Keep in mind that they were all taken with my iPhone!

Nostalgia Funny Cars

Mark Oswald in the Candies Funny Car vs. Jim Head in the Funny Car Firebird


Contemporary Funny Cars

Blake Alexander, Chad Head, John Force, and Robert Hight


Benny "The Bomb"

This 70-year-old man gets into a car that is strapped with dynamite...and sits in it as it explodes


Monster Trucks

Performed a car-crushing freestyle and battled to make a 100 mph lap down the drag strip


Larry "Spiderman" McBride

Goes 200+ mph on two wheels


Jet Dragsters

Jill Canuso, Elaine Larsen, Ernie Bogue, and Lou Pereira


Stuntman Chris Morena

Performed the "Suicide Spiral." The goal is the land tires-first...the didn't happen. He landed upside down, but he was okay. *Note: The fire is not from the spiral--it was from fireworks.


Tim Chitwood

Drove his truck on two side-wheels for a quarter-mile...with a person on the outside of the truck.


Bubba Blackwell

Jumped over 12 cars on his Harley-Davidson Motorcycle




Bob Motz's Jet Truck

Uses his Jet Kenworth to burn down a billboard


Fireworks

$100,000 worth


It was such a great night. I can't wait for next year!

What do you think would be your favorite part?

2 comments: